#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Science Fiction Double Feature

It's no secret that my two favourite designers EVER are Luella and Vivienne Westwood, and since they both showed at London Fashion Week it feels natural that I should compress both of my runway observations into one super special blog post.

Luella delivered a super wearable collection. Almost too wearable. Though I quite like the elegant goth influences, I was hoping to see something a little more ridiculous and fun. I like my designer clothes to be precious, dangnabbit! Okay, I'll shut up, seeing as I did like the clothes.

I would totally wear this dress to, um, a tea party.

This flapper-esque dress also caught my attention. It's lovely, no?

Okay, Vivienne Westwood Red Label. The real meat-and-potatos (or if you're like me, soy protein and potatos). Dame Viv is always cheeky and subversive, and she certainly did not disappoint me in any respect. Love how she opened the show with a "Fair trial my arse! Justice for the prisoners in Guatanamo Bay" placard.

On to the clothing. The dramatic asymmetrical skirt hemline was done in true Westwood fashion. I love it, especially with the glamourous coat.

Wait, is that my favourite half-shaved, rich-bitch Alice Dellal? Why yes, it is! I have no idea what is printed on the dress, but Alice is rocking it hardcore.

Okay, last look. I love the sweater with the pins and the 'newspaper' tucked into the elastic garter. But I have the nagging suspicion that I'd be able to thrift a similar sweater without much skin off my ass...


There we go, the two wonderful collections met my ridiculously high expectations. But I wouldn't accept anything less from Luella or Vivienne. Now the only thing I have left to look forward to is Vivienne's Gold Label collection, which (to my knowledge) she is still showing in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment